Is your Office Chair Causing Chronic Back Pain?
No matter if you are working from home or in an office, sitting for long periods of time can take a toll on the body. It can lead to reduced blood circulation, sore and weakened muscles, or it can lead to the dreaded carpal tunnel syndrome. When you work at a desk, a typical work day you may spend up to 5 to 6 hours sitting. As a result, people often suffer from several chronic pains. So how do you alleviate stress and fatigue and still do your job?
An Ergonomic office chair can assist in alleviating stress and fatigue on your body.
The Benefits of an Ergonomic Office Chair
There are several benefits to having the right office chair one being reducing stress on your back. It is important for your back to be in the S-Shape position while sitting, allowing less strain. Ergonomic office chairs are designed to support and optimize your seating position reducing neck and back pain.
- Two plastic lumbar support designs behind the backrest provides an extra comfortable experience for long periods of sitting
- Thick pads, soft texture
- Maximum capacity up to 265 lbs
- 360-degree swivel
- Numerous adjustable features you can be assured of finding a comfortable seating position just for you.
- Adjustable lumbar support and a recline feature that allows you to tilt the backrest back or sit straight.
- Weight capacity of 330 LBS and is made from the highest quality materials, including a soft cushion seat, sturdy arm and head rests and roller-blade caster wheels that allow you to move easily across the office floor
An office chair should have enough space for the hips and thighs, also be sufficiently cushioned. In this way, the nerves and the veins in the hips, thighs and buttocks would not be pinched which can lead to numbness and impaired blood circulation.
- High-back, integrated headrest and built-in lumbar support helps prevent back strain.
- Height adjustable padded armrests take pressure off your shoulders and neck.
- Three paddle mechanisms conveniently located under the seat.
- Seat Size: 21”W X 19.5”D. Back Size: 20”W X 26”H
The cushioning on office chairs will also prevent the muscles in the buttocks and the back of the thighs from becoming sore.
I purchased the Homall High Back Computer Desk Chair from amazon.com. It hit most of the requirements; ergonomic high back chair with armrests, adjustable height, and cushioned for comfort. In addition, it had to be within my budget which was under $100.
- Padded Armrests: 18.6” super-long padded armrests are greater than the length of the forearm plus the hand, which give your arms maximum comfort
- Streamlined back which fits the human spine providing the natural and comfortable sitting posture.
- Maximum capacity: 300lbs, Size of Back: 21″X27.6″(LXW), Size of Seat: 21″X19.2″(LXW), Adjustable Height: 13.7″ to 17.4″